My Ultimate Basic Autumn Goals

autumn goals

I’m not much of a goal setter, and if you came here expecting some life-altering and thoughtful aspirations for the Autumn season, then I’m afraid you are going to be disappointed. I’m all about the little things (after all, at 4ft 11 the big things are usually too high up on the top shelves). I’m all about those tiny, seemingly insignificant things that are actually pretty darn good.

So, instead of promising a “new me”, or to finally get my shit together this autumn, here’s my basic white girl goals which will either have you nodding along in agreement or cursing me for being so simple.

I want to… drink “real” hot chocolate

Yep, told you I’m basic. The Autumn (and Winter) seasons for me are all about hot chocolate, piled with whipped cream and marshmallows. But I want to take this dreamy beverage even further by sampling at least one real hot chocolate.

What makes a hot chocolate real? When instead of being made up of powder, it’s actual real molten chocolate and full fat milk and omg it’s heaven.

I want to… lounge in an oversized jumper

Well, who doesn’t?! With the evenings getting darker sooner, it’s going to be all about the cosy baggy jumpers with leggings. The ultimate outfit after all those fatty real hot chocolates.

I need to….recharge, and know when to relax

I find that Autumn, and Winter, are the toughest seasons to plough on through when you’re feeling drained and lethargic. This Autumn, I’ll be making sure I relax and recharge when I need to, but equally know when to push myself through and be productive.

So basically, go to bed earlier but also try and cram as much productivity into the evening before shut eye as I physically can. Hm. Let’s see how well that goes, shall we?

I’ll try to… read as many comic books as I can

NERD ALERT. Yep. I have so many to catch up on that if Netflix and Youtube could stop being things, I might actually get around to reading them.

It’ll be nice (if I succeed) to spend a little time away from the screen – although this will likely fail because I get enticed by blogs and Twitter and Instagram and Facebook…

I’ll eat… all of the bad food

Maybe if I get it all out of my system by the end of Autumn, I won’t be such a pig over Christmas and by the time New Year kicks in I’ll totally be over cookies, and burgers, and pizza, and profiteroles? Sounds like a solid plan destined for success!

What are your ultimate Autumn goals?

Share:

12 Comments

1. September 4, 2016 / 5:37 pm

Ah, love this post. Autumn is my favourite time of year and my goals every year are to drink hot chocolate that’s Instagram worthy and be cosy! x

• Cat
      September 4, 2016 / 9:05 pm

Thank you so much! 🙂 It’s all about the hot chocolate, right?! x

2. September 4, 2016 / 10:56 pm

I’m basically counting down the days until I can finally wear oversized jumpers again (without melting..) and leggings of course! The ULTIMATE lounge wear 🙂 I also think that wanting to drink real hot chocolates is the very definition of a good & achievable goal, so I may just copy that one haha 🙂 xx

Jess | Jess in Retrospect

• Cat
      September 5, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Yussss, the ultimate autumn/winter loungewear for sure! I have the biggest cosiest new jumper that I can’t wait to wear but it’s still too mild and muggy to pop it on. The hot chocolate goal should be at the top of anyones list, cos you haven’t lived until you’ve had a mug of molten rich and delicious chocolate. x

3. September 4, 2016 / 11:17 pm

OMG. now I’m dreaming of hot chocolate with whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles and a chocolate straw. need this in my life.

Jodie @ Jodetopia x

• Cat
      September 5, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Hahha, now I’m dreaming of it too! Hot chocolate is just so cosy and comforting and delicious. x

4. September 5, 2016 / 9:01 am

Real hot chocolate is the BEST!!! I got given some giant chocolate buttons last year that are special ones you melt down with hot milk and oh GOD. Powdered hot chocolate just can NOT compare.

I’m so excited for baggy jumpers and leggings too! I’ve actually just bought 3 pairs of black leggings for this exact reason haha.

Little Miss Katy

• Cat
      September 5, 2016 / 10:17 pm

Ahhh jealous, those buttons are totally going on my birthday/Xmas wishlists! Powdered hot chocolate is pitiful in comparison. Black leggings are the best, I’m already making them my outfit of choice in the evenings as soon as I get home from work! x

5. Becky
    September 5, 2016 / 10:30 am

Haha love these goals, especially the ones about hot chocolate and oversized jumpers! I’m so excited for autumn and winter, the fashion is the best, and it’s a great feeling being all cosy in bed when it’s cold outside!
    Becky Shannon xx – Life-by-Becky

• Cat
      September 5, 2016 / 10:19 pm

Autumn/Winter fashion is by far my absolute favourite. Bring on the chunky knits and comfy leggings! x

6. September 5, 2016 / 3:47 pm

Love his post! I love your goals. I don’t think I’ve ever had a real hot chocolate – but I want one now! I’m so excited for Autumn/Winter. My favourite seasons. x

• Cat
      September 5, 2016 / 10:20 pm

You really, really must have one! It’ll change your life! x